Back to Greenville Museum Alliance Menu Greenville Railroad Park Greenville Historical Society Greenville Canal Museum
Skip Navigation Links
Home
History
Museum Displays
Gift Shop
Caboose Rental
Contact Us
 
History:
The Park was started in 1985 by a group of volunteers interested in preserving and promoting Greenville’s railroad history. The property was donated by Mr. Marc Rinella. The Bessemer Railroad donated the 1936 steam engine, an iron ore car and caboose #1985. Over the next few years a group of very dedicated volunteers built the museum building, the operator’s office/gift shop, the speeder shed, the maintenance shed and completely landscaped the grounds. Along the way another caboose was donated by the UP Railroad, a flat car came from Cooper Bessemer, and the W&LE caboose arrived from Norfolk Southern.

The Park would not exist were it not for the hundreds of volunteers who gave their time and money over the years to make it all possible. To all of them and the over 180 members we have today, we say a heartfelt
THANK YOU”.
 
 
Copyright 2017 Greenville Museum Alliance | Site content maintained by GMA | Design by Reeves Info Tech